OCTOBER 12, 2020blockWe celebrated the first day of Fall on Tuesday, September 22nd this year, and many areas of the country are already feeling the change. The days are getting cooler and growing shorter, especially as we gear up for the end of Daylight Saving Time on November 1st.
This year has been tough on everyone on and off the field, and it’ll be more important than ever to make time for self-care as the year starts winding down.
Here are a few tips:
- Stick to a schedule. It’s easy (and common) to fall out of your usual routine this time of year. To combat this, try creating an exercise schedule—and then stick to it. Find what works for you, whether that’s scheduling it on a physical calendar or setting an alert on your phone.
- Warm-up. As the weather gets colder, warming up is more important than ever. Wake up your muscles with a brisk walk or other dynamic warm-up moves to avoid injuries and ensure a more efficient workout.
- Get outside. When it starts getting dark at 5 pm, your mood and energy levels can take a hit. Weather permitting, make a point to get outdoors when you can. Even just 15 minutes in the sun can give you the boost you need.
- Stay hydrated. You may be sweating less, but dry air can drastically affect your hydration. Keep up your water intake before, during, and after your workouts, and pay attention to signs of dehydration.
- Relax. It’s OK to cut yourself some slack here and there, especially this time of year. Pay attention to your limits and take a break if you need it.
- Commit to recovery. Finally, don’t forget the importance of recovery time—and that goes for pro and amateur athletes alike. Colder weather can put a strain on your heart and lead to restricted blood flow, so massage and gentle muscle stimulation are key.
Learn How Bemer Can Help
With BEMER’s PEMF devices, you can maximize your health and well-being during your recovery periods, thanks to targeted PEMF technology. An 8-minute session twice a day is all you need to improve your local circulation, resulting in enhanced muscle conditioning and improved performance and endurance. It’s as easy as adding it into your routine as you watch your favorite teams on NFL Sundays.
Want to learn more about how BEMER can help you optimize your athletic performance and endurance? Read more about how we’ve helped athletes get back onto the field, court, and trail faster, and find a BEMER distributor near you.